Mission presentation :
CARA, in partnership with ID4Mobility, NextMove and CYGO, and with the support of the Dutch Cycling Embassy, participate to a international mission to discover the micromobility ecosystem in the Netherlands.
- Local authorities’ cycling/micromobility strategy
- Cycle-related services
- The bicycle life cycle: construction, assembly, ESS, recycling, maintenance, repair, etc.
Provisional programme for the international mission
Monday, January 15 – Day at VARSSEVELD
Arrival on Monday morning.
- Introduction by the Dutch Cycling Embassy: Presentation of the essential principles that have led to the success of cycling in the Netherlands (history, infrastructure and policies).
- Visit to the innovative Van Raam factory, manufacturer of adapted bicycles: tricycles, tandems, duo bikes, wheelchair bikes, low-frame bikes, comfort bikes, etc.
- Networking evening with pitch sessions (e.g. on the theme of parking Street-Stuff and Abel Sensors).
Tuesday, January 16 – Day at UTRECHT
- Presentation by experts on the subjects of :
– Intermodality, including the bike-train combination with Roland Rager
– Policies and strategies to promote active mobility with Ruxandra Aelenei, international mobility consultant
– Promoting cycling: “What are the best practices in the Netherlands and internationally?” with José Diaz, founder of the Motion cycling promotion application.
- Cycle tour of the city of Utrecht, “the most cycle-friendly city in the world”, with a visit to the world’s largest bicycle garage and its innovative approach to services for cyclists.
- Networking evening with the private and public players in the Dutch Cycling Embassy network.
Wednesday, January 17 – City TBD
or visit to a De Fietser or Gazelle experience centre